Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Don't Smother Yourself!

"For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother’s womb.
I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;[a]
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.

My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.

Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written,
The days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none of them."
Psalms 139:13-16

God did not create you to live a life of mediocrity. In fact, it is quite the opposite. He gave you a personality and knew it intimately before you were even born. God wants to see you use your personality, talent and skills in a combined effort that utilizes all three to shine as an example of righteousness to those around you. After all, when we're standing at the judgement day (and there will be one), wouldn't it be so much better to be able to do so fully knowing you did His will to the best of your abilities? To be able to say you left everything on the table as you exit this world would be so comforting.

God put value into your life for a purpose, but it's only you keeping it from being used. The value God put in you can never diminish, it can only be stifled and smothered by only you.

Satan wants you to wallow in misery with him, but God has other plans. The decision is yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment