Saturday, August 27, 2011

My Wife Is Living Proof Against the Theory of Evolution

Did the title of this article grab your attention? Good! Now, before you decide to come throw me on a spit as retribution for being an apparent male chauvinist pig, please allow me to explain why I chose to title this article as I have.


The title is not meant as an attack against my wife or as an insult to her. I am not saying that she is any less intelligent than in fact, she's the smartest person I know. And it is not that she is any less capable than anyone else. That's because she can also be the most determined person I know. Instead, I chose this title because at the time of this writing my wife Jennifer is 9 weeks pregnant with our first child. Being that this is our first pregnancy, we are experiencing many new things. Many of these things are nice experiences that we are enjoying together, and some of them are decidedly bad that she must endure alone. It is the latter experiences that I am interested in talking about. 

One of the negative effects of being pregnant is commonly known as "morning sickness". What may not be as commonly known about morning sickness is that for a select number of women it is not just morning sickness, but more accurately, "all day and night sickness". Most women do not experience morning sickness to such a drastic degree, but almost all pregnant women will experience some form of it throughout their first trimester. My wife is one of the unfortunate few who experience the all-day-every-day version, and truly seems like the worst experience ever.

This led me to thinking, if evolution were a fact, why haven't women evolved past the point of experiencing the negative effects of pregnancy out of necessity? After all, the definition of evolution is "the gradual  process in which something changes into a different and usually more complex or better form." While I know that this is not the textbook definition, it certainly states the overall concept of the word when scientists speak of biological evolution.

To be clear, please let me say that when I refer to evolution, I am not referring to micro-evolution which is the process of change that happens within a specific species and is contained within that specific species only. For example, we can create new breeds of dogs, yet that genetic change will always create another dog. This is a proven fact that is not in conflict with the Bible. What I am referring is macro-evolution, or the process of change that creates new species from those which are already in existence. An example of macro-evolution would be the belief that man is a direct descendant of apes, which is false. 

According to the National Science Foundation human beings have been in existence for over 200,000 years. While I certainly do not believe this, for the sake of argument I will concede to this estimate. What this means is that (if evolution is a fact) in the past 200,000 years what would eventually become mankind had begun as a single amino acid swimming around in a "primordial soup" to being the highly complex and intelligent beings that we are today. It is no secret to anyone who's passed a fifth grade science class that evolution teaches this false theory. 

What this means is that we have developed from the simplest of creatures to ones who are now able to communicate, build shelters, and do other things that provide for our comfort as a species. However, my problem with believing this is partially due to morning sickness, and the painful experience of giving labor for that matter. We know that the female body experiences changes to its shape and chemical processes to better support the pregnant female. These are obviously beneficial changes that help support the pregnant female and her unborn child. 

However, knowing that these changes happen, I'm left with the question, "Why hasn't evolution 'fixed' the problem of morning sickness, or the pain experienced during pregnancy yet?" After all, it's had over 200,000 years to fix such a 'glitch' in such an otherwise joyous experience? Wouldn't it be in harmony with the theory of macro-evolution that within those 200,000 years man, or more specifically, woman would have evolved to a point that such negative and seemingly unnecessary pains would be eliminated?

The truth is, evolution hasn't addressed the issue because it can't. Genesis 3:13,16 says, "And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat..Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee."

Once again, the Bible gives an answer to a question that the theory of macro evolution has left unanswered for approximately 200,000 years by the evolutionist's estimate! True science shows that women suffer during the pregnancy and labor experiences. This is a fact. God's word tells us why, while evolution leaves us asking why. Once again, we see that there is no conflict between God's word and true science. 

The truth is, I love my wife very much and I appreciate the grace she has shown in dealing with the negatives while we both get to experience the positives. However, I'm reminded that we're not the first to go through this experience, and as long as mankind will continue to exist on this Earth we won't be the last, and that's because God said so.

____________________________________________

www.thefreedictionary.com/evolution
http://www.nsf.gov/news/news_summ.jsp?cntn_id=102968
The King James Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment